an unsuitable blog

A collection of thoughts and resources on the wilder end of biblical studies, postcolonialism, postmodernism, kierkegaard studies and music, among others.

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

I should know better

Well, time to join the bandwagon, I suppose, if only on an 'if you can't beat them' basis. After all, I think we're already on to the stage of metablogging, so roll on postmetablogging and long live unsuitability. In case you hadn't come across it, 'An Unsuitable Book' is the title I've given to a recent collection of reflections on the Bible - other people advertise their books, so why not me? - available at only a few good book stores from Sheffield Phoenix Press, and a bargain at whatever price it is. Anyway, I find this whole blogging thing weird but oddly fascinating - mind you, I also watch WWE wrestling, in much the same spirit - though I am grateful to those who pull together links to all sorts of interesting information I don't have the time to chase. I hope from time to time this blog will point to resources that I've come across from the places that I stray into during the course of what I laughing call research. What makes a suitable blog - or a suitable blogger? Answers on a postcard.

Hugh

7 Comments:

At 12:42 pm, Blogger Jim said...

Welcome! Anyone who talks about Kierkegaard and music (and please let it be real music like Mozart and not pop drivel....) as well as biblical studies is someone worth reading!

;-)

 
At 12:43 pm, Blogger piglet said...

I hope Sheffield isn't going to start making all enrollment applicants start a blog in order to become suitably unsuitable candidates.

I'm looking forward to your blogging hard work.

best wishes steph

 
At 2:40 pm, Blogger Jethro Bodine said...

Anyone who lists The Brothers Karamazov as a favorite book has to be an interesting fellow. Good luck in the blogosphere!

 
At 2:42 pm, Blogger Matthew Hazell said...

Welcome, Hugh! Thought you said to me you weren't going to start a blog... though that was last week, and this is this week!

Looking forward to your blogging. I'm going to cook a pizza and then do some reading for that dissertation proposal I'm doing for you. :-) Have a good time at SBL!

 
At 3:37 pm, Blogger metalepsis said...

I love reading your stuff Hugh, and am truly sad that my departing Sheffield, was upon your arrival.

The only rule for employed bloggers, is no restraint.

 
At 3:59 pm, Blogger Christopher Heard said...

Welcome to the blogosphere, Hugh. I anticipate that your blog posts will be as engaging and insightful as your published work.

 
At 8:55 pm, Blogger Robert G. said...

Finally: someone else has Sallinen listed on their Blogger profile!

Good luck.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home